Auto insurance is a must-have throughout the United States today. If you reside in the St. Augustine, Florida area, the state mandates that you maintain minimum liability coverage in the event of an accident. Furthermore, many car dealerships and lenders will not offer financing without having at least minimum auto insurance.
Having the right auto insurance policy protects you and other people when you’re out on the road:
- Liability insurance: If you are at fault in an accident and hurt someone in another vehicle or a pedestrian, this insurance covers medical and other expenses, as well as covers any property damage resulting from the accident.
- No-fault liability insurance: This insurance covers you and any passengers in your vehicle, regardless of who is at fault in an accident.
- Collision insurance: If your car is damaged or totaled in an auto accident, this type of policy pays for repairs or replacement, up to a certain amount.
- Comprehensive auto insurance: This auto insurance offers reimbursement if your car is stolen, vandalized, or damaged by a natural disaster such as a flood, fire, or hurricane.
- Other coverage: Some additional policies pay for legal expenses resulting from lawsuits, including those initiated because of loss of life in your vehicle or someone else’s.
Second, your insurance agent will ask about other things that affect coverage, such as:
- The make, model, and age of the vehicle
- Who drives the vehicle, their ages, and their driving records
- Any financing on the vehicle
- Where and how far you typically drive
- Where you reside and garage the vehicle
At Gilliland Insurance Group, we are independent agents serving St. Augustine. We have a broad range of auto insurance products available to help us find just the right one for you and your budget. And we pride ourselves on being great insurance educators. We’ll sit down with you and answer all your questions to ensure you know what you’re getting and have the exact coverage you need.
Of course, we’ll make sure your insurance meets or exceeds Florida liability requirements as well. Feel free to reach out online or call us at 904-824-9877 today.