Taking a boat out on the beautiful waters around St. Augustine, Florida can be a real thrill. But just like protecting yourself while driving a car on Florida’s roadways with auto insurance, when you go boating, boat insurance is a must. You can relax more and know that your passengers – and your investment – are protected.
If you’re new to boating or purchasing boat insurance, let us at Gilliland Insurance Group help you. We’re educators at heart when it comes to our insurance customers, and we want to make sure you understand what you’re getting with a boat insurance policy.
- Agreed value coverage: Just like automobiles, your boat has a value, which can depreciate over time. So, we agree on a value that will be covered if your boat is stolen or damaged to the point of being a total loss.
- Deductible: In the event of a claim, this is the amount you pay out of pocket before your insurance kicks in.
- Navigational area: Your boat will be covered to operate within a certain area, whether you want to take it out on a river, a lake, or the open Atlantic.
- Liability: This covers a range of expenses if you are at fault in a boating accident, including medical care, others’ property, and lost wages.
- Medical payments: Regardless of who is at fault, this insurance covers you and your passengers, as well as water skiers and tubers, if any of those parties are injured in an accident.
- Physical damage coverage: This pays for repair or replacement of your watercraft, its motor, permanently attached equipment, and your trailer.
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft bodily injury: This pays for many costs if you are in an accident with an uninsured boater.
- Fuel spill liability and wreckage removal: If your boat is damaged or sinks, this covers expenses related to cleanup as mandated by local laws.
- Personal effects: This coverage protects personal property on your boat, such as clothing, mobile phones, and scuba and fishing gear.
- Unattached equipment coverage: To cover equipment that’s not attached to the boat, like oars and life saving gear, some boat owners elect to include this type of insurance.
- Emergency assistance: This coverage is similar to roadside assistance for cars, providing towing, gas delivery, and a new battery if you are stranded on the water.
If you’re in need of boat insurance in the St. Augustine area, reach out to Gilliland Insurance Group, and we’ll take you step-by-step through the entire process. We love educating every customer about their many insurance choices, and we want to help you find the right policy for you.
Because we are independent agents, we are able to access a wide spectrum of insurance products for you. Don’t go another day without the boat insurance you need. Call us today at 904-824-9877.